Career & Support
Jobs & Calls
POLiS Junior Research Group Application Program (JuRaGAP)
Early career researchers who work on post-lithium batteries or related topics and who look for a stimulating and excellent environment to pursue their research ideas are invited to apply now for one of two available positions in the POLiS Junior Research Group Application Program (JuRaGAP). The application deadline for the current funding period has expired. The program is announced anew every year. The next application phase will start in May 2022.
Graduate School EES
PhD students doing their research in the framework of POliS take part in the Graduate School Electrochemical Energy Storage.
- The GS-EES addresses the full, community-spanning spectrum of electrochemical energy storage and conversion, from fundamental science to processing and application
- The GS-EES offers a comprehensive education and training program in these areas, emphasizing interdisciplinary aspects
- The GS-EES is committed to offer professional skills training
POLiS funds about 60 PhD students.
The GS-EES operates within the Center for Electrochemical Energy Storage CELEST.
Research fields are Li-ion batteries, post Li batteries, fuel cells, etc.
Die GS-EES offers:
- An interdisciplinary block course Materials, Funcitoning and Technology of Batteries
- An Annual Summer School
- Topical block courses and workshops on scientiﬁc or method-related topics
- Professional skills training, in the fields of scientific communication, management, good scientific practice and equal opportunities
- Research abroad for 3 months
Please visit the GS-EES Website for further information
The members of the Cluster and the board are strongly committed to ensure equal career opportunity irrespective of gender, age, origin, personal background and religion.
Our aims are:
- Creating an accepting, inclusive and diverse culture, which fosters inclusion and interculturality within the Cluster
- Raising awareness of equality and diversity and the impact of unconscious bias through various programs
- Achieving equal opportunities for women and men at all levels of the Cluster
- Raising the number of women at all qualification levels and especially in leadership positions
- Compatibility of family and career
For doing this, we will implement Cluster-specific measures and at the same time make use of established structures and instruments at Ulm University and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), such as personnel development and diversity management units, monitoring of hiring procedures, initiatives for reconciliation of work and family life, and various mentoring and coaching programs.
Proportion of women in POLiS
- 16,0 % Female Principle Investigators
- 50,0 % Spokeswomen of Research Units
- 37,5% Female Representatives of the General Assembly
Nationalities in POLiS
- 15 different nationalities
- 27 % researchers from other countries
First battery workshop with focus on female researchers
POLiS hosted the 1st international virtual workshop "Post-Lithium Research: Women in Focus" on July 27-28. For the first time worldwide, an event on battery research put a special focus on the work of…
Körber Prize goes to Clare Grey
British chemistry professor Clare Grey (Univ. Cambride), plenary speaker at our workshop "Post-Li Research: Women in Focus," receives the one million euro Körber Prize for European Science 2021.
Workshop: Post-Lithium Research - Women in Focus
POLiS hosts an international virtual workshop to highlight the role of women in state-of-the-art Post-Li energy storage research. The workshop will cover various topics from fundamental material and…
Women in STEM Who Changed the World
Who are the Women in STEM who changed the world through science, technology, engineering and mathematics?
Women in Battery Research
On the occasion of the International Day of Women and Girls in Science, five of our female researchers from different disciplines came together to talk about their experiences during their studies…
Margret Wohlfahrt-Mehrens receives battery award
Dr. Margret Wohlfahrt-Mehrens has been awarded one of the most prestigious international battery prizes. The International Battery Materials Association (IBA) honored her with the Technology Award…
POLiS honors two female researchers
POLiS is proud to announce for the first time, the awardees for the Equal Opportunity Award of the Cluster. Due to COVID-19 situation, the board of POLiS and a selection committee has selected two…
Dr. Anjass receives Südwestmetall sponsorship award
Dr. Montaha Anjass, an associate fellow of POLiS, is one of eight young scientists from Baden-Württemberg to receive the €5,000 sponsorship award from the Südwestmetall employers' association. Anjass…
New Equal Opportunities Committee
The newly established Equal Opportunity Committee met for the first time in early October. 16 members of the POLiS Cluster at different career levels along with the Equal Opportunity Representatives…
Nobel Prize: 3 female researchers awarded
This year, the Nobel Prize for Chemistry was awarded to two female researchers and the one for Physics to a woman, among others. Only 4 women were awarded in physics and only 7 in chemistry.
Left out of the lab
Germany is tackling the lack of women in its scientific institutions. An Article published in the Nature Career Guide Germany.
Reaxys PhD Prize
Dr. Montaha Anjass, Postdoc at POLiS and group leader at Ulm University and Helmholtz Institute Ulm, has been selected as one of 45 finalists in the 2020 Reaxys PhD Prize. She applied with her work on…