Career & Support
Jobs & Calls
Graduate School EES
PhD students doing their research in the framework of POliS take part in the Graduate School Electrochemical Energy Storage.
- The GS-EES addresses the full, community-spanning spectrum of electrochemical energy storage and conversion, from fundamental science to processing and application
- The GS-EES offers a comprehensive education and training program in these areas, emphasizing interdisciplinary aspects
- The GS-EES is committed to offer professional skills training
POLiS funds about 60 PhD students.
The GS-EES operates within the Center for Electrochemical Energy Storage CELEST.
Research fields are Li-ion batteries, post Li batteries, fuel cells, etc.
Die GS-EES offers:
- An interdisciplinary block course Materials, Funcitoning and Technology of Batteries
- An Annual Summer School
- Topical block courses and workshops on scientiﬁc or method-related topics
- Professional skills training, in the fields of scientific communication, management, good scientific practice and equal opportunities
- Research abroad for 3 months
Please visit the GS-EES Website for further information
The members of the Cluster and the board are strongly committed to ensure equal career opportunity irrespective of gender, age, origin, personal background and religion.
Our aims are:
- Creating an accepting, inclusive and diverse culture, which fosters inclusion and interculturality within the Cluster
- Raising awareness of equality and diversity and the impact of unconscious bias through various programs
- Achieving equal opportunities for women and men at all levels of the Cluster
- Raising the number of women at all qualification levels and especially in leadership positions
- Compatibility of family and career
For doing this, we will implement Cluster-specific measures and at the same time make use of established structures and instruments at Ulm University and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), such as personnel development and diversity management units, monitoring of hiring procedures, initiatives for reconciliation of work and family life, and various mentoring and coaching programs.
Proportion of women in POLiS
- 16,0 % Female Principle Investigators
- 50,0 % Spokeswomen of Research Units
- 37,5% Female Representatives of the General Assembly
Nationalities in POLiS
- 15 different nationalities
- 27 % researchers from other countries
NASA awards Hatzell
NASA has awarded an early career grant to Kelsey Hatzell to help develop new rechargeable batteries for solar powered orbital missions and missions to the surface of Mars. Hatzell, an assistant…
International brain power for new battery research
With the urgent need to lower CO2 emissions to mitigate climate change, most people would agree: The future will be electric. Batteries will play an important role in this future, and this is why…
Award of Excellence presented
POLiS is proud to announce the awardee for the POLiS Award of Excellence for Female Researchers 2022. The board of POLiS and a selection committee has selected Dr. Hernández from Uppsala University,…
Girls' Day is a nationwide day of action that aims to open up new perspectives for the future of girls. The aim is to motivate girls for technical and scientific professions. On this day, the girls…
EU Prize for Women Innovators
The European Innovation Council (EIC) launched today the ninth edition of the EU Prize for Women Innovators. The Prize celebrates the women entrepreneurs behind Europe’s game-changing innovations, to…
Gender equality for a sustainable tomorrow
This International Women’s Day, 8 March, join UN Women and the world in coming together under the theme “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”, and call for climate action for women, by…
Symposium for Women in STEM Field
Interdisciplinary Symposium for Women in STEM Field. The free virtual event on March 30-31 will address the question "Working digitally - curse or blessing?".
Women in Electrochemistry
Open access article on "Perspective—A League of Our Own: A Perspective on How to Start and Keep the Flow of Women in Energy Storage" by Guiomar Hernández and Adriana M. Navarro-Suárez in Journal of…
Call: POLiS Award of Excellence for Female Researchers
The POLiS Award of Excellence for Female Researchers is given annually to an outstanding female early and mid-career researcher working in one of the scientific topics of the POLiS Cluster. It entails…
International Day against Violence against Women
As part of the International Day against Violence against Women various actors at KIT will be available to advise and support all those who are confronted with sexual violence on November 25, 2021. Of…
First battery workshop with focus on female researchers
POLiS hosted the 1st international virtual workshop "Post-Lithium Research: Women in Focus" on July 27-28. For the first time worldwide, an event on battery research put a special focus on the work of…
Körber Prize goes to Clare Grey
British chemistry professor Clare Grey (Univ. Cambride), plenary speaker at our workshop "Post-Li Research: Women in Focus," receives the one million euro Körber Prize for European Science 2021.